free website stats program Rear left turn signal not blinking | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear left turn signal not blinking

Everything is working properly as far as turn signal and 4 ways except the left rear signal won't blink, changed the bulb, cleaned the socket etc.. what Ibhave found is under my seat on my 06 Electra glide Classic is what I am going to call a pig tail with a small black box attached, size of box is approx 1/2" thick and 1 1/4" w X 1 1/4 " L. Wires from a harness connect to this box and the wires leaving go to a plug in that goes through the fender to the brake light, I have power on the purple wire going into the little box which is for my rear left signal but I don't have any power coming out so I jumped the box out and the signal works, I want to replace this part anyone know what it's called I can seem to find it anywhere, Thanks

I did some checking here on the forum and here's what I found.

The TSSM handles the turn signal flash, there isn't a separate flasher for your bike.

I did some checking here on the forum and here's what I found.

The TSSM handles the turn signal flash, there isn't a separate flasher for your bike.
Jeff,
I understand the TSSM handles the turn signal flash, what I am asking if anyone knows the technical name of the little black what're ever that has wires going in and out to the brake light because when I jump out the violet wires bypassing this little black gadget my back left turn signal begins to work normal. I am trying to upload a pic of the thing here using my phone if it doesn't work I will use my home computer tonight when I get home from work. Jeff I thank you for trying to help me resolve my issue.

Have you checked for any codes?
Yes there were none

Last edited by a moderator:
A picture would be nice, could you be speaking about the alarm system? On my 05 Ultra Classic My alarm module is mounted under the seat on the right rear.

Last edited:
I think what you describe as "pigtail or box" may be the optional Run/Turn/Stop module. It turns your rear turn signals into running lights as well as blinkers. Red rear lens' is usually a tip off that you have that. Another way is if your rear blinker lights are on all the time you have the box. It is easy to remove from the system, just unplug.

I agree with Breeze3at; it does sound like the OP is describing the Run/Brake/Turn module which a previous owner may have added.:confused: Maybe a stock item in '06 but I had to add it to my '02 FLHT. The PN is 69463-06B and it runs $69.95 from a dealer. It simply plugs in to the wiring harness. Take a look at the attached photo.run.turn.brake module.JPG

Good catch Pete and good pic Don, I don't have this item on mine so I was grasping at straws as to what the OP was referring to.

Hopefully the OP will recognize the pic posted as what he was trying to describe.

Back