free website stats program Rear Foot boards for My Deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Foot boards for My Deluxe

muttlange

I'm wanting to put Rear foot boards on My 2008 Deluxe, but I have Vance and Hines Long SHOTS. The Kit that Harley Offers Will not WOrk, Because of the Long Shots any Idea how I could Make them Work? :(

MüTtLaNgE

Softail® Passenger Footboard Support Kit
Add the comfort and convenience of passenger footboards to your Softail® motorcycle. These support kits are designed to allow installation of traditional D-Shaped, Swept Wing, Tapered or Old-Style Passenger Footboards (sold separately) on Softail® models. Kit includes left and right supports, footboard mount hinge pins, and installation hardware.This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.
50460-06
IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.
Fits '00-later Softail® models (except FLSTS, FLSTSB, FLSTSC, FLSTN, FLSTF, FXCW, FXCWC and FXSTD). FLSTC models require Saddlebag Bracket Relocation Kit P/N 90238-00.
50460_06_M_1f4a3.jpg

MSRP US $249.95

Stupid question, do these mount in the passenger footpeg mounts?

I am trying to figure out what I have to do to mount passenger floorboards on my 2008 flstc...Looks like I will also need to "relocate" the saddlebags...What is that all about? Does is change the look much?

Thanks,

Bill

Stupid question, do these mount in the passenger footpeg mounts?

I am trying to figure out what I have to do to mount passenger floorboards on my 2008 flstc...Looks like I will also need to "relocate" the saddlebags...What is that all about? Does is change the look much?

Thanks,

Bill

The saddlebags do not actually relocate. They stay exactly where they are. The bracket that attaches to the lower arm of the bag support is different to go around the support for the footboard mount. They call it a relocation kit, but it is really only a different shaped bracket. BTW it's an easy install, just lay the parts out there and you can figure it out. The instruction sheet is confusing as the :devil though.

The saddlebags do not actually relocate. They stay exactly where they are. The bracket that attaches to the lower arm of the bag support is different to go around the support for the foot board mount. They call it a relocation kit, but it is really only a different shaped bracket. BTW it's an easy install, just lay the parts out there and you can figure it out. The instruction sheet is confusing as the :devil though.

Thank you very much for the explanation. I have ordered the kit and it should be here this week.

I appreciate the heads up on the nomenclature!

Thank you very much for the explanation. I have ordered the kit and it should be here this week.

I appreciate the heads up on the nomenclature!

No problem...
If you get into the install and have a problem, holler out and I can send a picture.

Ride safe... and by the way good choice of ride ya got there!! :D

You were right! The instructions might as well been in Greek! Install went smoothly...I would like to have a little better finish on the bracket, but wifey likes!

Iphone 032.jpg

Cheers, Bill

Last edited:
Back