Rear Foot boards for My Deluxe

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by muttlange, Aug 18, 2008.

1. muttlange

muttlange Member

I'm wanting to put Rear foot boards on My 2008 Deluxe, but I have Vance and Hines Long SHOTS. The Kit that Harley Offers Will not WOrk, Because of the Long Shots any Idea how I could Make them Work? :(

MüTtLaNgE

2. muttlange

muttlange Member

I've looked for that part and Can't find it..

Daniel :(

3. Billua

Billua Active Member

Stupid question, do these mount in the passenger footpeg mounts?

I am trying to figure out what I have to do to mount passenger floorboards on my 2008 flstc...Looks like I will also need to "relocate" the saddlebags...What is that all about? Does is change the look much?

Thanks,

Bill

4. flstcdorr

flstcdorr Member

The saddlebags do not actually relocate. They stay exactly where they are. The bracket that attaches to the lower arm of the bag support is different to go around the support for the footboard mount. They call it a relocation kit, but it is really only a different shaped bracket. BTW it's an easy install, just lay the parts out there and you can figure it out. The instruction sheet is confusing as the :devil though.

5. Billua

Billua Active Member

Thank you very much for the explanation. I have ordered the kit and it should be here this week.

I appreciate the heads up on the nomenclature!

6. flstcdorr

flstcdorr Member

No problem...
    If you get into the install and have a problem, holler out and I can send a picture.

Ride safe... and by the way good choice of ride ya got there!! :D

7. Billua

Billua Active Member

You were right! The instructions might as well been in Greek! Install went smoothly...I would like to have a little better finish on the bracket, but wifey likes!

Iphone 032.jpg

Cheers, Bill

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008