free website stats program rear fender strut 07 | Harley Davidson Forums

rear fender strut 07

does anyone know where i can get a set of rear fender struts for my 07 FXDWG that do not have the recesses for the turn signals? I want to do away with the turn signals on the fender strut so i can mount a 200 series tire without the heads of the bolts interfering.

Does no one make these for my year bike yet or what? I have called a couple different places with no luck and no answers anywhere else either. You would think i was looking for the holy grail or something. i didn'nt think these would be a hard part to find but they really are.

I looked for a set for my 08 FXD and could not find a set, Kuryakyn is "supposed" to be comming out with a set but no word on when. I made a set a few years back for an old Sportster welded the holes up and had them re-chromed. I am sure you don't want to go through all that but it is in the long run the easiest way to go. Check out your local chromers to see what cost would be to chrome them? Hope this helps you out.:)

I don't know if this will help in your situation, but I am in the process of dealing with similar work.

I had detachable hardware on my Super Glide from when I used a detachable sisst bar for the times the wife rode with me. She had since bought her own scooter and I hated the sissy bar.

I am putting a 180 tire on and want to get the signals off the struts. I have purchased the HD Bullet Style Turn Signal Bar (68615-04) for touring bikes and as comes stock on the Street Glides. The detachable hardware I removed has slugs for both sides of the rear of the struts. The hardware also included different strut brackets for the underside of the fenders. These brackets are threaded at both holes so bolts can be installed from the outside of the struts to the inside. The slugs are chrome and have one hole in them This hole will allow me to use a chrome button head bolt (3/8" x 1") to secure the rear of the strut while the rest of the slug covers the second hole at the rear.

Hope this explains it correctly and offers you some ideas and help.

John

I installed the 180 tire. signal bar, and new strut hardware this morning. Here is a pic to show what I was speaking of for the rear holes on the strut.

Picture009.jpg

I don't think I'd have had the guts to try that on one of my machines, but I think that looks GREAT! Well done, and not run of the mill same ol' same ol'!

Very sharp.

Thanks a lot.

I was extremely nervous drilling into a custom paint set which has been on the bike less than a week.

Back