free website stats program Rear Fender Alignment | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Fender Alignment

oowf

It is finally riding time here in China again...

Anyway, this afternoon I was changing the rear bulb in my brake/tail light and noticed the entire rear fender/light configuration seems to be leaning to the left. I calped it and sure enough the left side is about 5/8" lower than the right side.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to find a "how to" to get this thing straight?

Thanks so much in advance!

1998 FXSTS Springer

The Oowf

... noticed the entire rear fender/light configuration seems to be leaning to the left. I calped it and sure enough the left side is about 5/8" lower than the right side.

I am not sure I understand what is out of alignment. Can you take a pix or two and post that for us?

TQ

Check the fender struts to see if there is any play to level them out, otherwise it could be a bend in the frame horns that the struts mount to.

Thanks for the response...

Here you go... a picture to help describe my problem.

I added a plumb line and a horizontal line to the picture to give you and idea of how much it is lower on the left than it is on right. You can get a really clear perspective of how much it is out of alignment by looking at the center of the light it's self.

Thanks for the help... I need it! <grin>

CrookedRead.jpg

Here is a better URL for the picture. No user name or password needed!

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt312/oowf/CrookedRead.jpg

CrookedRead.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't link to it, try uploading your photo to the members gallery,then paste it to your post.

I see it :lolrolling

It not only looks crooked but it appears to be pushed to thew right also. Was the bike in any accidents?

Funny Glider! I tried to link it and couldnt:bigsmiley22::(

Here i will do it for you!:lero

Steve... dumbie that I am, I can't find a "Member's Gallery". I went to "community" then pictures and albums but no joy in finding a "member's gallery".

help

The easy fix.... grap with both hands and twist!... :lolrolling

I see the problem but don't know what would cause that. If it were mine.. I'd ride it and not worry about it. wouldn't even notice it unless you point it out. Course I say that till mine goes out of wack... it would probably drive me crazy too!... :D

Walt

Back