free website stats program rear ended | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

rear ended

rsbourff,

Glad to hear you were not hurt, it could have been a lot worse.

My advise is to go thruogh his insurance company if possible, otherwise you will have to pay your deductible and hope his insurance company reimburses you. No sense taking a chance and have to wait to get your hard earned money back.

Any additional damage found during repairs should be covered under a supplemental claim filed by the repair shop.

Get a rental car from the insurance company, let them know this is your only means of transportaion and you still need to get around.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Thanks for the information, but just my luck the other driver was driving on revoked lic and didnt have insurance. Looks like I will probably be out for the deductible. As you stated it could had been alot worst then just a sprained foot. Now just waiting on hearing from the adjuster who suppose to check out the bike this afternoon. Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the information, but just my luck the other driver was driving on revoked lic and didnt have insurance. Looks like I will probably be out for the deductible. As you stated it could had been alot worst then just a sprained foot. Now just waiting on hearing from the adjuster who suppose to check out the bike this afternoon. Thanks for the reply

:s Good deal you are OK, you can tie him up in small claims court for the lack of insurance and folks like that got NO business driving I would pursue it JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
:s Good deal you are OK, you can tie him up in small claims court for the lack of insurance and folks like that got NO business driving I would pursue it JMO

I knew he wouldnt have insurance. What insurance company would insure someone with a revoked license??? As far as taking him to small claims court, you should attempt to find out if he owns anything, or could even pay a judgement against him if the judge rules in your favor. If he has nothing, you can't get anything. Can't get blood from a stone. And I'd be willing to bet that if he was driving with no license, no insurance, and lied to the cop, he has nothing of value for you to go after in the first place. After you get healed up, a good butt whoopin might be in order. Faster and more satisfying than any judgement you might win.
(can I say "butt" here without getting kicked off???) :p
Good luck.

him being disable with back injuries and me being an officer, the whoopin is out of the question, but you better believe if I get a judgement, I will check to see if he has anything I can levi on. will just have to wait and see

He makes his first court appearance today in Oak Ridge. Nothing won't happen today, except, the Judge will appoint him an attorney and reschedule him another court date. I'm sure when the judge see the guy driving record (7 pages of driving offenses) he will get to spend more time in Anderson Co. Jail.

update on the accident, the police officer called me today and said the other driver was cited to court on the four charges and his first appearance will be monday (10-29-12).
Also the adjuster called and told me to take the bike to whichever shop I want to and they will get with them to figure out the estimate to repair it. Hopefully they will come close to the same amount to repair it. Thanks for all the advise today, I really appreciate it.

Sounds like things are going your way. Good luck

Update, the other driver didnt appear in court today and the judge issued a failure to appear (FTA) warrant on him. Also, now waiting on insurance company to get estimate on repairing the bike. Glad they didnt have to total it, its my first harley and would like to keep it around longer.

Back