free website stats program Rear Drive Belt on 2010 RKC | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Drive Belt on 2010 RKC

Wow, this thread emphasizes the importance of inspecting your ride before trekking out. Almost seems like your belt was damaged by something sharper than a rock, but hard to say. Hope you get 'er fixed soon so she's road-ready for upcoming riding weather.

I uploaded the images from Ronnie's for others to look at... I will try to take pictures and put here...

Attachments

• 2010 RKC Primary Housing.gif
    2010 RKC Primary Housing.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Alternator & Regulator.gif
    Alternator & Regulator.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Belts Chains & Sprockets.gif
    Belts Chains & Sprockets.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 43
Wow, this thread emphasizes the importance of inspecting your ride before trekking out. Almost seems like your belt was damaged by something sharper than a rock, but hard to say. Hope you get 'er fixed soon so she's road-ready for upcoming riding weather.

Yes!!! I will need to finish this one before going to Laconia, NH this June! I will order the parts this Monday and when I get all parts then start to work on my bike.

I've been told it's not best to re-use the compensator bolt, but if you do, be sure to loctite it and increase torque specs. A new bolt is suppose to be 150 ft. lbs. and if you re-use the old bolt increase to 180. That's what I've been told, but you may want to check it out for your self. That's not something you want coming loose!!! GOOD LUCK !! RK

I've been told it's not best to re-use the compensator bolt, but if you do, be sure to loctite it and increase torque specs. A new bolt is suppose to be 150 ft. lbs. and if you re-use the old bolt increase to 180. That's what I've been told, but you may want to check it out for your self. That's not something you want coming loose!!! GOOD LUCK !! RK

Thanks RK! I will keep them in my mind... Maybe I should buy new one... hummm

Just want to let you all that my friend and I replaced the new belt most of the day last Saturday. It was our first time but we followed the service manual. I can see that it is not that hard but took most of that day! My wife and I were sooooo glad that we rode our bikes yesterday! Beautiful day! We are ready to go to Laconia Motorcycle Week in June. Thank you all for helping me! :D

Attachments

• IMG_3042.jpg
    IMG_3042.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3043.jpg
    IMG_3043.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3044.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3045.jpg
    IMG_3045.jpg