free website stats program Rear Brakes Locked Up 2009 FLSTC | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Brakes Locked Up 2009 FLSTC

Not related to the brake problem, but IRT towing...did you cal HOG? You're automatically a member for the 1st two years (w/std warranty coverage) so the tow would've been covered. Maybe give HD HOG a call & see if they'll reimburse???

LOL, I was on a Sunday ride with a group two months ago and a bike broke down, here in Houston. He called HOG and they told him they could not pick it up until Tuesday!!... So much for their road service; we got a local with a pickup truck to haul it for him and only had to pay him $50. for about a 30 mile trip.

LOL, I was on a Sunday ride with a group two months ago and a bike broke down, here in Houston. He called HOG and they told him they could not pick it up until Tuesday!!... So much for their road service; we got a local with a pickup truck to haul it for him and only had to pay him $50. for about a 30 mile trip.

Hope you got reimbursed from Hog for the Tow

Sounds to me like you have an honorable indepedent. The very fact that he is fixing the problem when there is doubt of the cause means in my opinion that He takes pride in his work. hd will opt for the (it's somebody elses falt excuse every chance they get)

Hope you got reimbursed from Hog for the Tow

When you are stuck on a rural road where even the cows don't hang around.

I spent 6 hours on the side of the road, was rained on twice, got badly sun burned.

The last thing I was worried about was HOG reimbursedment.

Sounds to me like you have an honorable indepedent. The very fact that he is fixing the problem when there is doubt of the cause means in my opinion that He takes pride in his work. hd will opt for the (it's somebody elses falt excuse every chance they get)

When the dealer blamed him I called him up and he said I'll get my trailer and be up in a couple of hours and pick up your bike, order parts and fix it at my cost. I was around 60 miles from home when it happened.

When the parts came in and he tried to install them with the brake pad out of the clip and it was not possible. He called me and I went over and tried to install them with the pads out of place and coudn't.

Will post again with final results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back