free website stats program rear brake switch | Harley Davidson Forums

rear brake switch

fourDuce

Have a 07 1200xLc . how is it replaced .brake light does not when pressing rear brake petal .comes with front brake? or what manuel shows it?

Sounds like the rear switch from the symptoms you described. Easy replacement, a little tight to get your hands to.

Find the wires attached to the switch, remove from spade connectors. I think the switch is 11/16", you might need a long extension to get to the switch. Remove it replace with new and bleed the brakes.

Don't know why HD put the switch so close to the exhaust. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Have a 07 1200xLc . how is it replaced .brake light does not when pressing rear brake petal .comes with front brake? or what manuel shows it?

If you haven't already done so, you can test the switch before going too far. It's easily done by unplugging the two spade conductors that go in the switch and bridging between them with a bit of scrap wire, paper clip, cotter pin... you get the idea. Be sure that your key is on! :s If you can work the light that way, the switch is a simple replacement. In my case, the parts person was sure to give me the piece with the most recent updated listing, just in case H-D had corrected an issue! I replaced the switch on my Deuce last fall using a deep 11/16" socketand a long wobble extension. Don't forget a wrap of teflon tape around the threads BEFORE you pull anything apart. That way your brake system is open for minimal time. I am assuming (!) that your switch will be a similar procedure. I folded up a old packing blanket so I'd be comfortable for the job. Took longer to get the blanket folded than it did to do the switch! *LOL*Good luck!

Back