free website stats program Rear Brake Switch Recall and Front Tire Cupping | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Brake Switch Recall and Front Tire Cupping

i bought a new rear tire in aug. at $265 b/w. will take it to an indy but i think the front here in delaware are quite a bit less. labor is about $85/hr. cheapest i've seen recently is dubois, pa. they were $49/hr.

Quite a few HD riders take their bikes into the Honda metric store here in Az.(elsewhere also)...
Cochise Motor Sports in Sierra Vista Az. can order the right Stock replacement tire for the HD and save you about 25 to 30% over HD's cost.... They have changed many of my tires and do a good job.. Next time I need one on My 09 FLHR, they have the job.:s

IF you buy your tire from them, a BIG discount there and on the change-balance labor..

Many of my HD friends go there to save $$$...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Last time I looked here, it was $100 an hour.

Now if that's not thievery, I don't know what is.

Well glider - if you really want to know what thievery is, try the dealer in my area - they recently raised the labor rate to $119.00 an hour. All service department employees should have to wear masks when it's time for the customer to pay!!!

Took my bike in Saturday to have the rear brake switch replace under the recall. They did it in about 30 minutes - no problem. The service man also notice that my front tire was cupped (6800 miles on the Dunlop 407) and informed me that it could be replaced at a pro-rated price depending on the thread depth. He checked depth and that will replace the tire with the 408F for half price plus labor ( $150 plus $65). Tire is normally $300. I decided to do it. Only thing I noticed with the tire was some slight vibration on low speed cornering. I knew the tire was cuupped but thought with no warranty they would not do anything.

Bottom line is the dealer (Finks in Zanesville, OH) is good to say the least. ANd, I will get a new front tire for a better price. Hope they have all the issues resolved with the 408F.

PS - I love my 2009 Road Glide !!!!!!
Dont Know if the $300.00 is the normal price or they gouged you.I had my tires on my 09 FLHTCU in OCT 2011 at a dealer PT# 43109-09A D408F 130/80B17 BW retail price at dealer was $170.95 charge for removal and mounting and balacing was $75.00. This dealers labor rate is right around $100.00hr.

I had the tire replaced Last Saturday. Turned out the retail price in their book and in their computer were different. $298 in the book and $198 in their computer. I got the $198 price. Total price was 1/2 the $198 plus $65 labor. Total after tax, etc was $181.
Not too bad for getting a new tire!

Not to be an Alarmist BUT, costs of tires will continue to rise ( WHY, ) 1, now that winter is here the cost of heating the factories plus 2 , the cost of fuel to ship them will be passed on to guess who Us as consumers This is what drives tire prices just like the stock market:s

the reason they are changing the tire is cuz of a dunlop factory recall (should be at NO charge...mine was) and if the rear is cupping dunlop has not seen a trend or safety issue

Back