free website stats program rear brake schematic | Harley Davidson Forums

rear brake schematic

blackmopar

ok im an idiot - a small piece of metal from a lanyard that was hanging out of my pocket got caught up between the rear rotor and caliper - sure, i could have removed the wheel, but im lazy so I went to split the rear caliper (like i would myold flh banana caliper) and brake fluid starts pouring out - ok, so I guess that wasnt how to do it - since id already cracked the seal, i figured id proceed to remove the metal tab that I was after in the first place, and then retighten the caliper and bleed - but after I retightened the three 10mm star bolts, I noticed a small oring had fallen onto my rim, and now there is no brake seal - all my fricken owners manual says about brakes is 'see dealer' ***>!>!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?

anybody got a schematic of this damn thing??

i don't have a schematic but i would recommend you replace the Oring with NEW one. the used one may seal and may not - not worth taking a chance on - to me anyway!
if you pull the caliper off the bike and then dissemble it, placement of Orings will be clear, reassemble it on the work bench and then reinstall it on the bike.

Back