free website stats program Rear Brake Rotors for 2012 Triglide | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Brake Rotors for 2012 Triglide

MHFarrar

I currently ride a 2012 Triglide and have over 30,000 miles, and the rear rotors are shot. I'm looking for aftermarket Rotors instead of paying Harley $256.00 each. I can't help but think that HD used a brake rotor that was already in production instead of designing their own. Any thoughts or solutions would be helpful.

I moved this post out of the New Member Introduction section into a more appropriate section so that you'll get more responses.

Please feel free to return to the New Member section and introduce yourself to everyone!

If your rotors are out of spec as far as run out they should be covered under 2 year unlimited miles warranty

Thats a great idea Jack but I'm way past the 2 year unlimited miles warranty. Harley already turned me down on that one. Thanks anyway. Still looking for Rotors.

I have heard that Lehman supplied HD with the trike kits. Might see what the Lehman trikes use for rear rotors.

If your rotors are out of spec as far as run out they should be covered under 2 year unlimited miles warranty

I have a 2010 triglide with grooved rotors and was wondering if they are the same on the 2012. I got only 7300 miles on the first set of pads and never used the parking brake. The part # has changed but only by adding an A to the end? Can the rotors be turned with the same pad thickness used? I was told that the rotors are over $500 each not a pair by the parts dept at House Of Harley.

I have a 2010 triglide with grooved rotors and was wondering if they are the same on the 2012. I got only 7300 miles on the first set of pads and never used the parking brake. The part # has changed but only by adding an A to the end? Can the rotors be turned with the same pad thickness used? I was told that the rotors are over $500 each not a pair by the parts dept at House Of Harley.

Machining these rotors is not worth the effort to set up and get run out right from my experience

Back