free website stats program Rear brake rotor removal - 2009 electraglide | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear brake rotor removal - 2009 electraglide

ultraglide1960

Hi guys, I'm about to replace rear rotor on 2009 e/g. Is torx size 45 correct for the rotor bolts, and should I apply heat to the bolts for removal?

Any other tips welcome.

Thanks

Hi guys, I'm about to replace rear rotor on 2009 e/g. Is torx size 45 correct for the rotor bolts, and should I apply heat to the bolts for removal?

Any other tips welcome.

Thanks

Yes, and you will need heat and or an impact driver to break them loose, they have loctite on them. Remember to replace the bolts and clean ALL the old loctite out and reapply and torque:s Welcome to The Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, had wheel off for tire change and noticed the bearings were running rough on the axle, so had 3 replaced with all balls and a new hd abs sensor bearing. Inspecting the old ones the abs sensor was the problem one. The front ones failed @ 5k, now the rear @ 10k :(

Anywho the tire fitter musta dropped the wheel as the rotor is now warped. Have decided to let a shop remove the rotor as I'm reading too many horror stories re stripped torx bolts.

Back