Rear brake rotor removal - 2009 electraglide

Discussion in 'Wheels' started by ultraglide1960, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ultraglide1960

ultraglide1960 New Member

Hi guys, I'm about to replace rear rotor on 2009 e/g. Is torx size 45 correct for the rotor bolts, and should I apply heat to the bolts for removal?

Any other tips welcome.

Thanks

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Yes, and you will need heat and or an impact driver to break them loose, they have loctite on them. Remember to replace the bolts and clean ALL the old loctite out and reapply and torque:s Welcome to The Forum

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  3. ultraglide1960

Thanks Jack, i have a propane torch and will blast them with that. Aprreciated quick reply, thanks

4. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

Be careful with your sealed wheel bearings,heat and all
    tourbox

5. mouthful

mouthful Active Member

Might be a good idea to think about replacing the bearings while you have it apart.

6. ultraglide1960

yep, had wheel off for tire change and noticed the bearings were running rough on the axle, so had 3 replaced with all balls and a new hd abs sensor bearing. Inspecting the old ones the abs sensor was the problem one. The front ones failed @ 5k, now the rear @ 10k :(

Anywho the tire fitter musta dropped the wheel as the rotor is now warped. Have decided to let a shop remove the rotor as I'm reading too many horror stories re stripped torx bolts.