free website stats program rear brake pads | Harley Davidson Forums

rear brake pads

Installed new pads on the rear of an 05 sporty, a bit challanging but everything seemed to line up fine, I think. Went to flush out the old fluid and had a difficult time getting the old out. The fluid would come in small amounts and not flow freely. After a few hours of pumping and using a vacuum pump the new fluid started coming through. Bleed it a few more times to make sure all air was out, peddle still doesn't feel right and the pads will not retract from the rotor. When I push in on the caliber the piston does move. Is there still more air in the lines, bleeder valve bad,Pad spring slip?

Installed new pads on the rear of an 05 sporty, a bit challanging but everything seemed to line up fine, I think. Went to flush out the old fluid and had a difficult time getting the old out. The fluid would come in small amounts and not flow freely. After a few hours of pumping and using a vacuum pump the new fluid started coming through. Bleed it a few more times to make sure all air was out, peddle still doesn't feel right and the pads will not retract from the rotor. When I push in on the caliber the piston does move. Is there still more air in the lines, bleeder valve bad,Pad spring slip?

When you removed the old pads, did you wipe the exposed pistons with clean brake fluid? When you pushed them back into their bores, you may have shoved all the dirt and debris in with them and they are now binding up the works.:(

I'm afraid to ask...... now what? take off the caliber and clean it or can I remove the pads and spray around the piston with something.

Back