free website stats program Rear Brake-line Failure | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Brake-line Failure

USMCCWO5

Has anyone had a rear brake-line failure? My bike is a 2007 Road King Classic. The hard line broke where it crosses under the clutch cable, at the area under the floor board, near the frame.

The part number is on the third iteration (I am guessing that means it has been updated twice). They are on back order until September.

Just curious.:newsmile037:

I haven't had mine break,but I wouldn't be waiting till sept. Other then the ends they are only a 3/16'' brake line,buy a couple flare nuts and a flare union,cut the line clean at the break,double flare your ends,put it back together bleed the brakes and go riding.

I haven't had mine break,but I wouldn't be waiting till sept. Other then the ends they are only a 3/16'' brake line,buy a couple flare nuts and a flare union,cut the line clean at the break,double flare your ends,put it back together bleed the brakes and go riding.

Not just 3/16" brake line. The brake line is one piece (hard line and flexible line) from master cylinder to rear brake cylinder, with a built in junction for the rear brake light switch.

I got an authorization number from the motor company to use aftermarked chrome parts and braided line. All covered under warranty.

Thanks Bigg's HD in San Marcos, CA and Sacramento HD.:bigsmiley22:

I'm glad it worked out for you.I must have read wrong that you were waiting till sept. in which case cutting and flaring the broken steel line would have worked unless it was at the end.

I'm glad it worked out for you.I must have read wrong that you were waiting till sept. in which case cutting and flaring the broken steel line would have worked unless it was at the end.

No, you are correct. The part is on back order. Not sure what I am going to do when it comes in. Would hate to think that line would only last another 28000 miles before it failed like the first one.

Attachments

• Crater Lake No Brakes (2).JPG
    Crater Lake No Brakes (2).JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 12
Have your dealer check stock in the other dealers for the part. They have a dealer network to do it with.

Back