free website stats program Rear and Front brake pads | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear and Front brake pads

trent627

I need to replace my FRONT and REAR brake pads on my 05 1200 sportster. Any detail help on how to do it will help. I ck you tube and nothing there

I think HD oem pads are probably best choice. Around $70 for both front and rear. Then I highly suggest buying a serive manual for your bike. It will open up a whole new aspect of being a HD Owner! The instructions for changing pads is pretty clear in the manual. I beleive you need a set of torx sockets (look like allen head sockets but star shaped) and a 10mm wench and a 1/4" wrench. A 3/8" wrench for the bleeders. Get a bottle of brake fluid too (DOT number for that is on your master cylinder on the front brake handle). So the whole job including manual and tools is about $160-$180. Probably less than paying HD to do it for you, and you get tools and a manual out of the deal!

OEM pads come with detailed instructions, but as Bulldog said a manual is invaluable, keep it clean and lube the pins per the instructions and bleeding them is a good idea, buy only the amount of fluid you will need, once opened the fluid will start taking on moisture, good luck and check back in, Capital Jack

Back