free website stats program Rear Air Shocks | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Air Shocks

My '10 Ultra Classic has the same issue. Thought it rode alittle rough. Asked the dealer to check it. Unknown if they did. Bought the pump and found the system only had 10 psi. Max. psi for the Ultra is 50#. Pumped it up and the ride was much improved, but it looses 5-10# per week.:(

My '10 Ultra Classic has the same issue. Thought it rode alittle rough. Asked the dealer to check it. Unknown if they did. Bought the pump and found the system only had 10 psi. Max. psi for the Ultra is 50#. Pumped it up and the ride was much improved, but it looses 5-10# per week.:(

Have you checked the link posted in reply #4?

I agree with Glider, my 09 had a small leak and all I had to do was snug the schrader valve.

I have taken mine in twice so far and it still leaks down to empty in a week. I will try Post #4 suggestion and see what happens.

The air line on these bikes (at least my '03) is a black plastic tubing that is held in the shock and the fittings with a spring clamp. This actually has a tab that jams against the tubing to hold it in place. Over time, or if man-handled (pulled), it can cut into the tubing and be the source of a slow leak. The tubing is very easy to replace and should probably be a two/three year preventive maintenance item. Unfortunately, HD does not sell this stuff by the foot, but rather in 25 foot rolls. That is about 5 changes for my bike at least. See if you can guilt the HD Dealership into giving you some, or selling you 5 feet or so (measure your system) for a buck/foot or so.

TQ

At least you know you have air shocks. I'm constantly amazed at people who have baggers and don't know they have rear air shocks, while the passenger is always complaining about the ride...:s

Just got back from a 1000 mile ride (2up with bike loaded). First 500 rode like a hard tail. :bigsmiley19: Shocks would not hold air. After arriving at the hotel I made a soap solution and hunted for leaks. Could not find any!! :bigsmiley29: Took the bike to the dealer on Sat and their mechanic could not find the leak either. Would loose about 5psi over a 20 min period. Rear shocks ARE NOT covered under extended warranty... so.... I had 2 choices 1. Lowered air shocks 2. Hydraulic shocks used on CVO models. Had the lowered shocks on before and 2 up riding was too stiff. :newsmile068: Had them install the hydraulic CVO shocks and what a difference...:newsmile01: I'm sure there are better choices, but I needed to get back home and I was not about to ride hardtail!!!

Back