free website stats program Reaching side stand? | Harley Davidson Forums

Reaching side stand?

Is their a way to change the side stand on a 2010 ultra limited? It is a bit of a reach for me.I need to get it a little closer to me,or put some kind of a extension on it.

I am guessing this is to put the side stand up. As stated there are multipel sources to extend the ear to kick up the stand. you can also get enough of the weight off so the lock is disengaged and push forward a bit and it sould fold up.

I had the same problem with the stand on my /09 Ultra. I had the dealer install the HD Jiffy Stand extension Kit and that solved the problem. Just a word of advice, have the dealer do the installation as you have to drill a hole in the jiffy stand to install the extension and that sucker is made of really hard metal. The dealer's mechanic went through two drill bits to get it done.

A different seat can move you forward too. The Sundowner will move you forward by 2" which can make it easier to reach the side stand.

If you're short like I am the side stand extender is a real help, I'm 5'4" tall and I had to put one on my 1988 E.G. Classic because I had a rough time reaching forward to catch the tab, my 1984 no problem. It does help, trust me.

I put a jiffy stand extension on the dyna now much easier to find the stand

Brian

Thanks,the jiffy stand looks like it will work.I have to stretch to get the stand up and have a little problem putting it down.

Back