Re-Position Tour pak

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by KingoftheRoad, Jan 21, 2012.

1. KingoftheRoad

KingoftheRoad Member

I ride a 01 Ultra and Im wanting to move the Tour Pak back about 2 inches to give the wife more room between her and the drivers backrest. Looks as easy as redrilling holes in the mounting hardware. Has anyone made this adjustment to theirs? Thanks!

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. Mainah

Mainah Junior Member

I did that last year and it has worked for me on my detachable mount. Used the U shaped tube as a template and drilled new holes in the mount where I wanted the pack and reassembled everything, now the little woman has room to relax.

4. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

After you drill the holes, paint or seal with something to stop the bare metal from rusting and running down the side of your bike.

5. cosmo56

cosmo56 Member

You can also use the quick detach hardware to move the tour pack back.

6. Cuzz

Cuzz Member

I have the quick detach on my bike and it does move the tour pack back compared to the "fixed" config. The quick detach is handy, because you can put a simple back rest on for light duty cruises.

7. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

my dad got a aluminum plate and drilled his own holes and move the tour pack back. I can't even see it unless he shows me. he loves it