free website stats program RE: Concerned or Confused Wife ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

RE: Concerned or Confused Wife ?

I think the Deluxe bags look very nice. I wish they would fit on my Fatboy but I've been told the bolt pattern is different.

My wife finally put it together last night that the Deluxe does not have saddle bags. She ask, "where are you going to put your rainsuit?" I told her if rain was so obvious I would ride the King.
If I'm making a mistake buying the Deluxe.... well it won't be the first time....

Couple of options:1-Buy a backpack to put the rainsuit in.Wont take up much room and you can tie it to the luggage rack.2-Dont ride it in the rain;use something else.

Why "destroy" the classic lines of a Deluxe over some wet weather gear?:bigsmiley15:

If the Deluxe is your "Solo" bike, why not put a single saddlepack where the passenger pillion would be or if you have the "bare" fender and solo seat, get one of those low profile racks to put a small midsize bag that will strap on there. You could always opt for a two-up seat and just "git'er done".

I'd get some bags for it if I was going to be riding it more than the Road King. Or you can just ride withoout rain gear and get wet everry now and then. Either way riding is good.

I don't have bags on my Fatboy or a pillion to strap anything to. (I took off the pillion since the avatar picture was taken) I have been caught in the rain and I got wet. I have had to pull over and hunker down until a storm has passed before more than once. If I do think ahead and worry about the weather I just bungee my rainsuit to the bars above my headlight now. Funny thing is, every time I've done that it's never rained.:)

My rainsuit had ridden out more storms in my saddlebag than on my back anyway. Hey, you only get wet once!:D

I laughed when I read your reply Biglew 'cause I'm the same way. I feel reassured knowing that my rain suit is on the bike, in the saddlebag. But when it starts to rain, I don't bother putting it on so I ride it out like you do!
BUT, I feel good knowing that I have rain gear on my bike!! :p

A good rain suit rolls up pretty darn small,stick it behind you and roll on ,, i have bags and sometimes wish the bike looked better with em off i'd have em off more often..

Wow you bought a second bike and all she is worried about is you not having saddle bags for your rain gear!Must be nice.

Back