free website stats program Razor Trailer | Harley Davidson Forums

Razor Trailer

jemonline

Can anyone provide any feedback on the Razor trailer used to pull a large bike. Its bed lowers to ground level and allows the bike to be easily riden on then the bed is cranked back up to transport level. Is this type of trailer any good and as easy as it sounds? I have looked at their website but was just wondering if there was any firsthand user feedback out there. Thanks, Jim

I have seen them and frankly,I'm not impressed they do lower easy on hydraulics, and go flat to the ground,but with the hydraulics you have extra weight and maintenance,and they are expensive. If you go with a standard trailer with drop axles your deck height is only 18'', the ramp is 5 1/2 ft long. There is not enough incline there to worry about

Big as you are Lew, you could probably carry it up the ramp!!!!! :newsmile100:

:58: Never admit to anything!!
Seriously though, to get back to the thread......a friend of mine has one of the Razor trailers. He bought it used and got a terrific price on it. He really likes it but says he would not have paid the new price to buy one.
He has had it for awhile now and really has had no problems with it.

No experience with it, but looking at it, first impression seems to be a neat idea, and pretty simple to use, Here is a picture of one for reference...

Dennistripa.jpg

1. Unlock couple. , 2. Remove safety chains. , 3. Disconnect Electrical Couple. ,4. Remove the 2 frame pins. , 5. Utilize hand winch to lower inner frame to ground. 6. Ride motorcycle onto the trailer., 7. Secure motorcycle with straps. , 8. Use hand winch to raise bed, coupler will lower onto ball as bed is winched back up. No lifting required! Winch does all the work! , 9. Replace the 2 frame pins.

Last edited:
No experience with it, but looking at it, first impression seems to be a neat idea, and pretty simple to use, Here is a picture of one for reference...

Dennistripa.jpg

1. Unlock couple. , 2. Remove safety chains. , 3. Disconnect Electrical Couple. ,4. Remove the 2 frame pins. , 5. Utilize hand winch to lower inner frame to ground. 6. Ride motorcycle onto the trailer., 7. Secure motorcycle with straps. , 8. Use hand winch to raise bed, coupler will lower onto ball as bed is winched back up. No lifting required! Winch does all the work! , 9. Replace the 2 frame pins.

Thats the razor open still pricy and only good for a bike. A standard utility with a mesh ramp is much more versitile. And 1/2 the price.

I have one, Bought it used a few months back like new for $950.00, the only drawback is that you have to unhook it from the vehicle for it to operate properly, other than that I have no issues with it, mine came with new Tires/Spare, Tail lights, Wheel Chock, Fenders.

Back