free website stats program Rattling front end | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rattling front end

I had a buzzing in the head light area on my 07 lowrider. turned out to be the riser cover. It is held in place by two clamps on the under side that snap over the risers. I just put a small piece of foam tape on the inside of the calmp. Problem solved.

As previously mentioned, there have been a lot of issues with the front ends on your year Dyna. So many such problems, Harley issued a service bulletin and a fix.

Under the fork stem nut, there is a thin washer. The washer is too "soft" and compresses, allowing the head pressure on the steering neck bearings to change. This can cause a "clunk" when riding over over potholes, speed bumps, railroad tracks, and during braking.

The fix Harley came up with involves a replacement thicker, hardened washer and more torque on the fork stem nut. This is performed in conjunction with a fall-away test. Just the replacement nut and re-torquing the fork stem nut will not properly fix the problem. The correct adjustment of the adjusting nut under the upper fork clamp needs be done during the fall-away test.

SteeringHead.png

SBM1215.jpg

NewHD74Fan, it was the mounting bolt in the front of the gas tank up near the neck on the frame, how I found it was by checking almost every bolt on my front end it was the last one I checked and it was loose.

Back