free website stats program Rattling front end | Harley Davidson Forums

Rattling front end

eg9357

Hi, I have 2006 Wide Glide that rattles when driven though bumps or small pot holes. It only has 3500 miles and no fluid leaks. Mechanic mentioned leaky seals. Any ideas on what this problem could be? Thanks for your replies.

I had a rattle as well and found it was the bolts loose for the front bumper , it made a loud rattle and fooled me

Pat, it sounds like something is loose to me. Is there a bolt in the neck that could come loose or worn? Thanks.

I would check (2) things. The fall away adjustment & the Front tank mounting bolt. Same thing happened to me.

I probably said the wrong thing. I should have said is there any play in the neck bearing area? Try rolling the bike forward and hitting the front brake, any slop or play? Like some of the other posts after mine, check everything for looseness, fender bolts, brake calipers, tank mounts,etc. Good luck!

I had a rattling noise in my 06 FXDCI when I would hit bumps in the road, turned out to be loose bolt in my gas tank.

2006FXDCI...a loose bolt IN your gas tank, that probably was not very good and unexpected. How did you find that?

I would check motor mounts and exhaust system throughly. If your front end "clicks" when holding front brake firmly and shoving forward firmly compressing the forks you should do the steering head and fall way checks to find out what the problem is. Noise by itself is benign symptom, but safety or fault issue means fix is necessary and critcal.

Harley has a tech bulletin on the dynas ` and softails check the self help section I had my 07 Streetbob fixed for free

My headlight can buzzes at certain rpm's. It's most noticeable sitting at a stop light. The rivets need to be replaced or the entire headlight.

Back