free website stats program rattling baffle | Harley Davidson Forums

rattling baffle

Screamin Eagle II baffle is rattling. Took it out, folded back the wadding to thicken it at one end, all quiet for a couple of weeks now back to the rattle. Suggestions gratefully received before I take the wrench to it again!

Is there a hose clamp type heat shield on it? Those things are notorious and sound just like a rattling baffle.

If the baffles are like Rush baffles I had a similar problem with right baffle rattling. I tried repacking with no success. I ended up bending front flange outward for a tighter fit and needed to use hammer to reinstall baffle. Guess what ????? No more rattle.

I had a sqealing metallic rattle that I was sure was coming from the cam chest, turned out to be the rubber slip mount on the exhaust near the end of the pipe.

I had one of those,so I drilled a hole thru the end of the baffle and underneath the offending can,chucked a few spring washers between the baffle and can,bolted it all up tite,put a dome nut on for in case anyone should ever look underneath,killed the rattle stone dead.....and now all the rattles are from the heat shields,as mentioned already! Cant take them off,because the writing on the cans says "screaming eagle 2's,not for street use",and that makes them illegal over here on the wet side.As long as the shields are on,no one can read those horrible words,and all is good! This is a very strange country I'm trapped in!

Back