free website stats program rattle niose | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

rattle niose

Go back in there and check the inboard tensioner, it is the one that wears most. I had that rattle and it was the inboard tensioner, my 2 cents

I think it was TQ1 who suggested the cheap dental mirror to check the back shoe...

Let us know please.

bubbie

thanks for all the suggestions. I went back in and found the outbourd cam bearing shot.
It also tore up the end of my cam. Well it was time for some up grades any way and I got some real good tips from reading through the old threads.

thanks again
SCOTT

thanks for all the suggestions. I went back in and found the outbourd cam bearing shot.
It also tore up the end of my cam. Well it was time for some up grades any way and I got some real good tips from reading through the old threads.

thanks again
SCOTT

Glad your problem is found!

Have you given thought of going with the "KIT"? Many up-grades that are offered:
like newer style chain/hydraulic tensioners? (like todays bikes)
a Higher volume oil pump, More oil in and lots more Out.
new cam support plate plus other parts.

The kit cost from HD is 429.99$ or John Herko sells a Full Kit, for a reasonable $ (moderator TQ1) suggested him and John worked well with a lot of people Here.

You have a wonderful chance to up-grade Your bike and keep it running Strong with the Better up-grades offered today...

It cost me a small fortune back in 2001 when I went to the better oil pump and cam-plate, they were 750$ by them selves so the 429.99 today seams a great price for ALL that the kit offers.

Just my thoughts on Your bike.
bubbie

Back