free website stats program rapidly blinking check engine light | Harley Davidson Forums

rapidly blinking check engine light

Fatyoyo

Newbie to forums here. just found this place using search engine. been on and off for last week. I very much appreciate the content of this forum. you'all have helped me with my 2006 1200. I broke my ICM and had to replace it. after doing so, my bike would not start, using info from here i was able to get into the diagnostics and found a u1016 code under the first 's'[after letting my bike try to learn passwords] tried resetting and clearing codes. now no codes appear,but now my check engine light blinks rapidly when i turn on the bike and it still wont start. any help will be greatly appreciated

The password relearn has to be done exactly as described in a minimum amount of time with a charger attached to keep the battery up otherwise you may not have any luck doing it.

if you don't succeed, the dealer may have to initialize the ECM using the digital tech they have.

i did not know i had a security light i dont have a security system installed [that I know of] but I will check thanks sorry for the double post

well in my continuing quest to restrt my bike. the blinking light [I found out at the H-D shope ] is the MAP sesnor light. I found my security light [I think] if it is a red key light at the bottom of the speedo. it only comes on when I go into the
daig prcess. it lights and goes out never to return. I dont seem to have spark at my plugs. unless they can't be removed from engine reinserted into plug wire and then shorted to engine. I do appreciate all of the help I have received here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back