free website stats program Ranting | Harley Davidson Forums

Ranting

dgro76

I'm sorry but I feel I have to get this off my chest before I start working...

Usually (weekends especially) I have no problems filtering, overtaking - less traffic to worry about etc - people even move over slightly as a signal that they've seen you to help you by.

But today I mean, everyone seemed to want to get in my way, on purpose! I DONT expect people to move if it looks like I want to get passed but this morning everyone seemed to be moving over to the right to block me! As soon as the car in front has clocked me they were swerving over to the offside to make my life just that little bit harder.

I guess it's down to everyone wanting to get to work and not letting anyone get in their way, but this morning really got to me.

Rant over. Breathe in.... out. OK I'm fine.

:newsmile025:

Be happy you don't live in Italy mate..

Here, they take a run at you !!

I find I am spending more time reading in the gun locker :20:

I haven't looked in there yet! Will have a read. To top it all off I'm sitting here looking out the window and see it's started raining. I really ought to get a replacement battery side cover ordered.

I have always noticed that when it happens once, it will happen all day. These days you just need to be on gaurd even more.

lets hope the ride home will be better.

Be safe, keep the eyes wide open!

I notice things like that as well.

Nothing happens individually, its like...mass stupidity (or rudeness).

Just like some days when someone is in a funk, it seems most others are as well.

That is pretty much Normal these days, I do not get in a hurry on the Bike,
I usually just let the Idiots Go, I would rather them in Front on me than behind me!

:newsmile025:

Be happy you don't live in Italy mate..

Here, they take a run at you !!

I find I am spending more time reading in the gun locker :20:

More time in the gun locker?!!!! LOL that's funny!

Never have been to Italy. Wife has. She wants to take me there. Says it's a beautiful country. Wonderful people. Aren't the cars in Italy smaller than the motorcycles?

ride safe

That is pretty much Normal these days, I do not get in a hurry on the Bike,
I usually just let the Idiots Go, I would rather them in Front on me than behind me!

Problem with that around here is, the cagers will ride up on your backside and stay there until you pull over for them. If traffic is merging into one lane, they'll speed up just to keep me from merging in front of them. :bigsmiley19:

I think I prefer them not seeing me to seeing me, and trying to cut me off. At least when they don's see you, a blast from the air horn usually scares them back into reality.

Urban riding; not for the shy or timid.

dgro76, I drove around Amsterdam, Holland in 2006......what a huge mistake that was!!!!:52: Though doing so, I now realise I can drive "ANYWHERE" on this planet!!!!

More time in the gun locker?!!!! LOL that's funny!

Never have been to Italy. Wife has. She wants to take me there. Says it's a beautiful country. Wonderful people. Aren't the cars in Italy smaller than the motorcycles?

ride safe

:D

country is beautiful.
roads can be a challenge.. no newbs please.
people are nice, when not in the car ;)
30 years ago, cars probably were smaller, those Fiat 500s are just silly
tonka toys.. its changed.

umm, well, they do rent Harleys here :)

dgro76, I drove around Amsterdam, Holland in 2006......what a huge mistake that was!!!!:52: Though doing so, I now realise I can drive "ANYWHERE" on this planet!!!!

But the Dutch are such nice wonderful mild mannered people ! :)

Last edited:
Back