free website stats program Range on Siren II Pager.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Range on Siren II Pager..

Hoople

Account Removed
Really got a chance to use my Siren II pager system this weekend. The pager is the rechargable model & was fully charged.
The usable Range on the pager was near useless and I wanted to know if others using this system have the same problem. Once you step inside ANY building, the range can't be more than a block.

The worse part is, once the pager looses communication with the bike, it will not recover on its own. You must turn the ignition on/off to re-handshake with the pager. Once you loose commo, you can walk right up to the bike
and it won't re-link. What a let-down.

Hoop

that dont sound good :( over here we have systems that use mobile phone networks and call your phone if the alarm is activated

Hobbit,, That's fantastic. That must be some kind of non-HD brand product? If you have that system on your bike, was it involved to install?
Brand name?

This HD pager system was all but useless. I tried so many times & ways to make it work. You almost had to have eye contact with the bike for it to work. The Alarm part screams really well. Just the range on the pager was terrible.
Hoop!

I have the battery powered pager. My garage is across the street from my house ~1/8 mile away. I use it from inside the house to the bike inside the garage with no dramas. No relink problems or communication problems; even after I let the pager battery run down. I have played with it from about 1/4 mile away.

I have the battery powered pager. My garage is across the street from my house ~1/8 mile away. I use it from inside the house to the bike inside the garage with no dramas. No relink problems or communication problems; even after I let the pager battery run down. I have played with it from about 1/4 mile away.

Hummm. Maybe it is the way I have my antenna on the transmitter. I was not too crazy about the way the antenna is installed but I followed the instructions to the "T".
Since your range is Good, I am going to set up the antenna "my way" and see what happens.

Thanks for the Feedback. There may now be HOPE!:p

Hoop!

i dont have them on my bikes but had one from Clifford on my Golf Gti, worked great i was on holiday and it rung to say window had been broken and alarm activated, was found 3 days later in a garage down the road once the tracker had activated :D

Thanks Hobbit for the Tip on Clifford Electronics. That sounds like a nice system to watch your belongings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back