free website stats program Random thoughts threads | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Random thoughts threads

Seem if I ever want the weather to become just beutiful riding weather all I have to do is take the bike in for warranty work and in a week when they call me and tell me they got all the parts in and it back together and ready for pickup it will be 30* and raining agian.

All I half to say is, I am 50 years old and I havent been on here very long but have learned alot about things that have nothing to do with my bike. Thanks.

Since we are going random I’ll pitch in. One of the unintended consequences of riding for over 4 decades has been a highly developed peripheral vision. I don’t so much look for motion but I almost feel and anticipate it. When my late wife would ride with me I was constantly pointing wildlife out for her to look at. She was always amazed I didn’t seem to miss anything. I have to give God the credit here. When I started riding I was pretty reckless and wouldn’t have lasted very long but when we started to have children I made peace with Him that I could ride if I did so responsibly. So far so good.
Anyone else have a unintended consequence from riding ?
Bob

Thanks Mat and no I don't mind. She died Sept 2010 and is buried in a military cemetery here in New Jersey where I plan to retire one of these days. I think I did pretty well by her but when someone dies you look back and it seems like it never was good enough. So remember the small tokens of appreciation while you still have them with you - Bob

Since we are going random I’ll pitch in. One of the unintended consequences of riding for over 4 decades has been a highly developed peripheral vision. I don’t so much look for motion but I almost feel and anticipate it. When my late wife would ride with me I was constantly pointing wildlife out for her to look at. She was always amazed I didn’t seem to miss anything. I have to give God the credit here. When I started riding I was pretty reckless and wouldn’t have lasted very long but when we started to have children I made peace with Him that I could ride if I did so responsibly. So far so good.
Anyone else have a unintended consequence from riding ?
Bob

Yes Bob, it gives me great relief from my constant back pain. My primary dr seems to think it is the seating position and vibration, what an added plus for me, Peace to you with the loss of your wife, Jack

Thanks Jack. I have a few herniated discs myself and I do better on the bike than in the car. I guess we need to ride for health reasons. At least mental anyway - Bob

A random thought I had recently was......If the BBC from Britain, and to a lesser extent, the ABC in Oz, did not exist, I would not bother owning a television set. The quality of their program list (The BBC) is as brilliant as the commercial productions aren't, whether it be documentaries, drama, comedy, etc.... but only in my opinion of course.
I must admit to detesting reality TV.
:newsmile042:

I am solidly with you on reality TV. Here is a random thought, if they call it reality TV why do they have scripts?

Back