free website stats program Ran over a Mattress doing 70 today | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ran over a Mattress doing 70 today

Glad you're ok and you did the smart thing to pull over and let the adrenaline die down. I always hate riding behind any pickup, trailer, van or truck, you never know what may fall off.

The quicker I can get around a vehicle that has items haphazardly tied down, the happier I am! We have all seen junk come flying off the back of trucks and we know how dangerous it can be!
Glad you came out of it okay!

Glad you're ok. I always hammer the throttle and pass when I see "things" strapped down to the cages. Your situation was different, I'm just glad you didn't hit it when it was still airborne.

I bet you had to prey you fingers off the grips. Wrong place, wrong time, good outcome. I'm glad for you and your scoot. I usually try and leave at least car lengths between me and the vehicle in from of me. What the cager runs over, you'll hit and run over dead center if you ain't got time to manuver out of the way. But when something like a mattress flys in front of you, well, I guess you couldn't have played it better. Safe riding and again, glad things turned out o.k.

Back