free website stats program Ran out of oil! Doh! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ran out of oil! Doh!

u should always check your oil before and after u ride. and u said somethin about your motor cuttin out? thats your motor saying " im not goin anywhere without some lube" :p, do the smart thing and goto a Certified Harley-Davidson shop, they will treat u right and they will fix your bike right!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
alright well if u ran outta oil....thats just plain dumb! u should always check your oil before and after u ride. and u said somethin about your motor cuttin out? thats your motor saying " im not goin anywhere without some lube" :p, do the smart thing and goto a Certified Harley-Davidson shop, they will treat u right and they will fix your bike right!! :D

certifieid shop my butt. My bike will never see a dealer again. After having a harley shop replabe my sprocket and put the wrong one on. 300 miles later the bike end oof the bike ripped apart. also after my dad had a service from our local he went to change the tire and every spoke on his wheel was loose less than 250 miles after that service where on the check list the claimed to have checked the spokes. as for the oil going missing. my buddies 93 sportie did the same thing. we checked the oil and it was empty. we trailered it hame and when we checked it at the house all the oil was back in the resevoir.

it depends on what harley shop u take it to. if they follow the service check-ups located or found n the h-d service manual checking spokes is one of the steps to do at every 5k service. have YOUR harley shop read and use the service manuel!

Take it apart & check it out while you still have some useable parts left

If you are having a problem with oil disappearing and reappearing, then maybe I would check the hallucinogens that you have been taking. Just kidding! I don't know it sounds like it might be a crankcase breather problem.

Keep the rubber side down.

Back