free website stats program Raking out a sporty front end? | Harley Davidson Forums

Raking out a sporty front end?

Has anyone tryed to rake out the front end of a 04 1200 before? If so, what steps should I take?

What rake angle are you going for? Are you intending to chop the front end (ie: angle grinder and welder) or just bolt on a kit like the AME kit Hobbit mentioned? I'm presently chopping a '79 Sportster and the front end requires a lot of work involving a jig in order to get it done correctly.

I have tried the raked cups and the raked trees even with the trail within limits it handeled poor the only way to get it right is to cut the frame and set your trail,jel

Thanks for the info guys! The AME 9 degree is exactaly what I was looking for. Now I just need to knock off a bank to pay for it :)

I bought the 9 degree AME kit and I love it. It handles great and I saved some dough installing it myself over a weekend. Purists argue that cutting a frame is the only way to go. But I did not want to chance compromising the frame and dealing with the downtime. Plus I can put it back to stock if I wanted to, but I won't. It's perfect the way it is. BTW, the 9 deg is the best looking, the 14 deg doesn't look right IMO.

Back