free website stats program Raising gas tank | Harley Davidson Forums

Raising gas tank

Hello all been thinking of raising my tank on my 02 fxdl. I have been wondering if or how much gas I would lose with the tank at an angle. Has anyone ever done this?

It depends on the angle. If you move front & rear equally, you loose none. If you change angle significantly from stock, the graphics look wonky.

I recently put a 1 1/2 inch lift kit on the tank of my 2004 Road King Custom. I've noticed two things that are different now. The speedometer is higher, so I don't have to look down as far to see it, and I hear more of the top end engine noise than before. I like the look of the bike better now with the lift kit installed. Overall, I'm glad I lifted the tank.

I recently put a 1 1/2 inch lift kit on the tank of my 2004 Road King Custom. I've noticed two things that are different now. The speedometer is higher, so I don't have to look down as far to see it, and I hear more of the top end engine noise than before. I like the look of the bike better now with the lift kit installed. Overall, I'm glad I lifted the tank.
do you have any pics of you bike with the tank lift? I just got thru putting some carlini bars on my bike and it kinda looks like now the bars might hit the tank if i raise it.

Back