free website stats program Rainy Night In Georgia | Harley Davidson Forums

Rainy Night In Georgia

ShagNasty

well the rains come and they go. glad to have it, no complaints. The clouds broke, sun come out, a beautiful day. the road out front made my mind up. no ride today maybe tomorrow. as I work picking up limbs and cleaning up from the weather, I could hear that Harley Thunder in the distance of riders that more than likely have paved road frontage. yea maybe tomorrow there will be a few dry ruts in the road. just venting some here......:D

Hopefully it'll dry out for you - temps tomorrow are supposed to be perfect for a February ride. Froze my tush off today riding up to Cartersville and back - freakin' weather channel and their "sunny and mid 50's" forecast!

Hopefully it'll dry out for you - temps tomorrow are supposed to be perfect for a February ride. Froze my tush off today riding up to Cartersville and back - freakin' weather channel and their "sunny and mid 50's" forecast!

Doc...hey your brought up a great point about weather reports...may times I've either ridden out some miles on a so called sunny clear day, and got caught in a down pour. Are canceled plans to go because of rain and storms in the forecast..then it be nice....and not just a few times this has happen...Does anyone know of a good site to get a reliable forecast?....:eam

My old tried and true forecasting usually gives me a 80% sucess rate. It is " Tommorow will be the same as today plus or minus 1 or 2 degrees". Weather patterns usually last 3 to 5 days or more. lol.

My old tried and true forecasting usually gives me a 80% sucess rate. It is " Tommorow will be the same as today plus or minus 1 or 2 degrees". Weather patterns usually last 3 to 5 days or more. lol.

Well that better than most forecasts...but come to think about it..your right!...I Bass fish a bit. When a high pressure system comes in the fishing turns off for about 3 days...the 3rd day it starts to pick up again...Dang! never thought of it till now...and the only thing I really love doing in a down pour is Bass Fishing...Dang its good then...Oh wait this ain't Bass Pro Shops forum...Sorry this winter is making me crazy !:panic

Dr. I use the old finger in the air and look for the sun! Did a little riding this am around Lawrenceville,Dacula, Overcast but temps were good and no cagers on the road.

Can't think of many things that are better than sitting in a boat on a nice lake with a good freind. and if you catch something, that,s just icing on the cake. If I lived closer to a good fishing spot I would probably have got a Tracker instead of a Harley; maybe.

Gee should start a thread on how to carry your fishing gear on the bike. Mostly flyfish and have a four piece sage. Comes in handy when stopping for a bite by a lake or stream.

I have a buddy wh puts his golf clubs in a travel cover, lays the them across the passenger seat of his Shadow and secures them with draw tight straps. I guess a rod case and tackle box should be doable

Does anyone know of a good site to get a reliable forecast?....:eam

reliable?? i don't think there's such a thing... i've gotten to the point it really doesn't matter. 'bout the only thing that impacts my decision is snow/sleet/ice. ain't takin' any chances there. cold?? rain?? ain't going to stop me.

Back