Rain Gear

Discussion in 'Harley Davidson Product Review' started by Texas Infidel, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Texas Infidel

Texas Infidel Member

What is the latest in rain gear. I'm looking for a full suit, light and easy to pack.

Please list as much info as you can, what, where etc.

Thanks

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I bought this suit last year but in the hi-vis yellow:

Harley-Davidson Mens Hi-Vis Rain Suit

Couple I was riding with said I looked like a "human hi-lighter!" Keeps you nice and dry, packs up pretty tight, and has great visibility.

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

My wife and I have the same suit in in the O&B and it does work well.

4. DFHarley19

DFHarley19 Active Member

If you want to save some dollars then Elite Series II 2-Piece Rainsuit will be great!

5. cruiser Tom

cruiser Tom Member

6. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I got Frogg Toggs They work for me and they see some rain. Light weight inexpensive and they pack fairly small.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

8. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I have used Frogg Toggs for about 6 yrs. now. They work great for my wife and I but a few of my friends have bought them in the last couple of years and the zippers have broken on them.

9. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

That's what happened to mine in the middle of 2 days of torrential downpour on the way to Key West. Stopped in at Jim's HD in St. Pete and bought my HD Hi Vis suit.

10. mc2

mc2 Active Member Contributor

Another DITTO on the Frogg Toggs. Great in hot weather rains, and they dry out quicker.
    The liner of the pants wore out and I replace them with HD zipper/suspender type pants (with Velcro flap to cover the full length zipper), and they are great too.
    Both have done well in the heaviest of monsoons. But, sooner or later, heavy rains are going to find a way to wet the determined, or insane, rider!:D
    Enjoy & ride safe:D