Rain Gear question

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Turk55, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Turk55

Turk55 Active Member

Thinking its time to pickup rain gear, tired of having wet butt :bigsmiley25:, looking for some ideas on what brand to get - HD or??

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

3. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

4. Jennmarr

Jennmarr Junior Member

I'm afraid that I cannot add my recommendation to the FroggTogg's. I bought two sets (Horny Toadz) in the fall of 2011. Both pairs of pants have been replaced twice and one of them still leaks. I will say that their customer service department responded quickly to my complaint, but in the end, the pants still leak. I have been very disappointed. I am not sure what I am going to buy to replace the FroggTogg's, but I will not own another set of them.

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I also had a bad experience with Frogg Toggs. The zipper broke one day into a trip in the pouring rain so I was forced to buy something to replace it. Went with the two piece, high vis HD suit and I love it. Pricey (around $200 or 250 if my memory serves me) but works great, easy on and off, and you're still highly visible even in a dark, pouring rain.

6. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Agree with Dr. here. Wife and I have the two piece HD high vis suit. Keeps us as dry as anything I have used and are very durable.

7. stikman

stikman Active Member

I had some frogg toggs and they were ok but melted on the exhaust, bought another off brand ( cheap ) and they were ok but melted on the exhaust. Like the Dr. did I purchased an H.D. high vis rain suit expensive but the best rain gear ever, and it didn't melt on the exhaust don't go cheap you get what you pay for.

8. EnjoyingTheRyde

EnjoyingTheRyde Junior Member

We have the HD High-Vis also... They work well but as said above, expensive...

9. mrwizz

mrwizz Member Contributor

10. Turk55

Turk55 Active Member

Hey thanks for all the input, thinking I will go to HD today and pickup a set.