free website stats program Radio woes | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio woes

Redfish-Joe

I'm going Friday and have my second HK radio replaced. The display keep going on and off. I read somewhere that you could lightly push in on the display when it went out and it would come on again. Well it did and worked well for about a month. Now 15, 20 or more time a day it goes out. I have friends with Ultras and none of them have radio problems. Is this just a problem associated with the Road Glide?

I have a friend that kept his bike in a unheated storage building. During the winter, when the weather warmed, it caused a lot of moisture. His radio would jump from CB to radio and back and forth. After putting a dehumidifier in the building, his problem went away. Not saying this is your problem, but I thought I would throw it out.

I'm going Friday and have my second HK radio replaced. The display keep going on and off. I read somewhere that you could lightly push in on the display when it went out and it would come on again. Well it did and worked well for about a month. Now 15, 20 or more time a day it goes out. I have friends with Ultras and none of them have radio problems. Is this just a problem associated with the Road Glide?

was the 1st replacement due to the same reason?

Back