radio shack siren ??

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Jdsmitty10, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Active Member

im planning on doin the radio shack siren install. can someone tell me if i need to unhook the battery to simply plug the 2 wires in? thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. nvsteve

nvsteve Member

3. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Active Member

Thanks nvsteve, just wanted to make sure. Seems like a 5 min install

4. tlyoungb

tlyoungb Junior Member

What is the radio shack siren? Never heard of that before.

5. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Active Member

its a 6 dollar siren from radio shack. plugged into the plug where the 100 dollar siren from hd goes. search radio shack siren here or in other forums or just google it..theres a couple installation instructions i came across..

heres a link to the siren:
    102dB Piezo Siren - RadioShack.com

Installed the siren yesterday! what an EASY and CHEAP mod. glad i found this idea on the forums!.. took 5 minutes. Didn't put it in its permanent position yet since my power commander will be goin on this weekend in the same area, figured i would wait to see exactly where that will be placed before i placed the siren...

chirps when you walk away or walk up to bike. put key fob on work bench, sat on bike, gave a warning chirp, shook bike, blew my eardrums out until i ran and got the fob to turn it off... SWEET

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
  6. razor10

razor10 Member

i tried installing the radio shack siren on my 02 ultra doesnt seem to work when i set the alarm i get a buzzing and when i shake the bike to try it i get 1 chirp and thats it any ideas

7. buck484

buck484 Active Member Contributor

Where did you find install directions? I might like this also.

8. tubguy

tubguy Active Member

Wondering if this works on all bikes with fobs... I don`t have the alram just the immobilizer... or however the fob works

9. baldharleyrider

baldharleyrider Member

Also would like to know if this works on all bikes. Have an 03 Road King with security but no siren

10. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Don't you mean "spliced" it in?. I don't think the Radio-Shack sirens come with a waterproof Deutsch connector on them.