free website stats program Radio Problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio Problems

455gto

Looking for something to look for, I replaced my inner fairing on my 07 RG. Looked pretty strait forward, however when I went to test every thing before replacing the outer shell the radio does not work. I've checked all the connections including antenna and speakers but nothing, next I am going to check fuses (decided to walk away last night before a higher level of frustration set in). The only other thing I can think of is there a reset procedure after taking the radio out?

No reset. But make sure the fuse is not blown and the gang plugs are all the way seated.

TQ

Did you disconnect battery before taking radio out? Connections back on tight and clean?
Check the ground wire?
Hoping you just have a blown fuse.

Mine did the same thing. Mine is a 1999 UC & I checked the manual, it showed how to pull codes & I was surprised how much that helped. Found a brn/blk wire shorted to ground, pulled it out of the connection & the radio works now. It was audio input wire & some day I will look for the short.

Toby

Hey thx for all the help it ended up being a fuse, but it was time to quit the other night any way again thx for the help!

Back