free website stats program radio problems | Harley Davidson Forums

radio problems

Mweed2009

Hey. Need some help !! just pick up a factory radio ( used ) put in my new 2009 Glide. I installed it and it tells me it is not Calibrated and makes a beeping sound about every second. Haven't talk to hd dealer yet.
any one know any thing about this.

Thanks mweed

If it beeps every 30 secounds and says it is not Calibrated, they only way I know to correct it, is to take it to a stealer and they need to plug your bike into digital tech and bring up the radio screen and click USA. Takes less then 5 mins. Sorry but don't think there is any way to do it without the digit tech tool.

My guess is the radio that mweed bought is a re-man radio, when a radio is warrantied it's sent back to the manufacturer and for turn around time and customer sadifaction the manufacturer has re-man radio's on the shelf, they send a re-man back same day they receive it, I've done a complete radio warranty in three days including diagnostic's, R&R, shipping and recieving, it's a good set up. But anyways the radio's are in harleys around world and they are shipped back to the dealership uncalibrated. The dealer just has to select the part of the world the radio is to be opperated in, USA, UK, Japan, etc. with the digital tech tool and it's good to go. Kinda marries it to the part of the world it's going to be used in. But if anyone figures a way to calibrate it with out a digital tech tool, please let me know, nobody like paying a stealership 1 hr. for 5 mins. worth of work.

Back