radio on RG

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by rigidorbust, Jan 21, 2010.

1. rigidorbust

rigidorbust Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

don't know if this been asked before , does the road glide radio stop At both ,odd or even numbers on FM stations (106.2 or 106.5 or both), is there a difference on US and European radios, the bike in question is a 2010 RG. US mod. gonna take it to Europe..
    thanks

2. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

Radio's are the same but calibrations are not,(I think?) you're local HD dealer can change your radio calibration from USA to UK or whatever with the digital tech laptop.(just takes 5 mins.) Check with HD for sure, unless anyone else on the forum has hands on experience.

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Ok, what are you talking about? Radio calibration?? A USA radio has to be calibrated to pick up stations if it goes across the pond? I thought they stopped when a signal was received, no matter if it was odd or even number station. I thought radio waves were radio waves?
    Next I'll hear the language has to be changed.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  4. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

5. Breeze3at

I never noticed/realized that US radio stations end in odd numbers after the decimal. I just went and checked the classic and both cages. All scans end in .1,.3.,.5,.7, and .9.

I learned two things today (cyl.oil jet size, & radio .scan) that I had never even thought of knowing before, but for some reason am quite pleased to know. HD Talking is great!

6. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

Breeze, You just got some of that wisdom.:D

7. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

just checked on my car today some radio stations end in a .even number not many in my area but some do (all were playing rubbish music so i switched it off again)

Brian

8. Breeze3at

Brian; You are in Scotland right? And your radio stations are both .odd and .even? Was that on a digital scan radio and FM frequency?

9. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Yes digital scan on fm most stations seemed to be on odd numbers but a few were on even so needs to do both here

Brian