free website stats program Radio doesnt play | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio doesnt play

JaxHenrik

Hi all- Just lately, when I start the bike up, the radio wont power up. If I go down the road to get gas or go the store, the radio works when I start the bike to come home. Its happened more than a few times. Sound familiar? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have an 08 Street Glide recently purchased and I drove 4 miles everything worked returned home and the radio, signals and horn stopped working. Parked it and returned to it later in the evening and it all worked again. Has anyone encountered this and what should I do?

Does wiggling the switch seem to help any?
I had a 03 RKC that had the harness to the switch begin to un plug and caused problems

This happens on my brand new SG too. Once or twice a week when I start the bike up the radio doesn't turn on. Have to turn off the ingnition and when it is turned back on the radio comes back. IT doesn't bother me too much but I'll get it to the dealership out of principal (and I don't just mean the principal on the loan!)

On my 2015, the dealer did a update to the radio that has taken care of radio.
Mine started out with no volume control that led to no radio operation until I would pull over and shut off the bike, wait about 10 seconds and restart.
Also makes the warning message go away automatically after enough time to read it real slow.

My Radio doesn't come on sometimes....I thought it was the stock radio so I installed a Kenwood last winter....Guess what? It does the same thing....I just detatch the face and put it back on, then it's fine......lol

Loose connection some place.If it has a fairing,remove fairing and unplug all radio connectors and plug back in.

Back