free website stats program Radio comes on when I start my Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio comes on when I start my Ultra

Ken47

I have a weird thing happen and bugs me. I have a 2010 UC and when I turn on the bike and push the start button the radio also comes on.
It happens regularly now and i know it is off when i turn off the bike.
anyone experiencing this issue? How can i get it to not to do that?

Great forum and lots of gereat info and ideas... Keep up the good work.
Thanks.....Ken

That used to happen to me all the time and it bugged me a lot. At the time I was also keeping a CD in the player. When I removed the CD, the radio stopped coming on at startup. I figured my system must have thought I wanted it to turn on because a CD was in, but it turned on the radio. Anyway, I stopped having a CD in and the problem stopped for me. Good luck with your ghost.

Same with my 2010 Road Glide. If I have the GPS ( XM Radio ) hooked up to the stereo then it comes on every time I start the bike. If I unplug it the issue goes away.

welcome Ken..from south bend in. The previous ans, sound good to me. I turn down my tunes before i shut off bike my habbet.

that did it!!! i forgot i had a CD in the radio... I pulled it per your suggestion and VIOLA!!!! it did not come on...
thank you all...
I love this site.... so much good ifo and everyone is so helpful.
This place is a great resource for anything and all things HD...
Ken

thanks for the welcome ultrat.... SB? riding weather yet?
I might get the opportunity to ride up there in May if the company lets me... and i hope they do... Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Back