free website stats program Radio bracket rubbing a hole in FLTR fairing | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio bracket rubbing a hole in FLTR fairing

Retrop

Has anyone noticed when they had the outer fairing off their Road Glide if the radio bracket is rubbing holes in fairing? I had removed mine to swap out head lights 6 months ago and noticed where the inside of the fairing rests on the top of the radio bracket even when it is hung on the hooks properly. Mentioned it to the service manager and he sluffed it off as nothing to worry about. Now, I hear there are a bunch of Road Glides with holes being rubbed through the outside of the fairing by the radio bracket (from the inside).

What year RG do you have? I've got an 05 and don't see any rub marks on the inside. If your SM doesn't think it's a problem Maybe you need to take it up with the owner!!!

I have heard of breaking brackets, but not rubbing bad enough to hole a fairing. May want to check if dimensionally something was not bent out of spec or a fastener failure of some kind. How did you notice this problem? Do you have pictures...others who have a similar RG could check theirs to see if they are experiencing similar...

Back