free website stats program Radio Blues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Radio Blues

Marty did bring up a very good point, is exchanging radio with an upgraded replacement...something to think about.

Someone asked if the Ipod played. Yes the radio and Ipod play fine you just can't see anything on the display. Thanks for the suggestions guys I will let you know the outcome.

You should'nt buy a new harley from harley davidson unless you get it without the junk radio they are selling in the big bikes ! buyer beware ! the Harman Kardon / harley radios are junk and both hd & hk know about the prob. and still havent done a recall, the internet if full of people who have the same issue with the radio with...in weeks of the end of warrenty ending, and then knowing the issue still try to charge you 999.00 for a new radio that in many cases starts shutting down again after a yr. or so. i spoke to the dealer and hk and they both spun me in the other direction,same as they did to all others who have contacted them on the junk radio issue....this looks like a good time for a class action law suit. 24.000 for a bike with a junk radio kinda (EDIT) ,and they make the radio so only there radio fits the hole,so they have it all figured out ahead of time it seems to me ? and from what i see on here OTHER Harman kardon stuff shuts down also, so they know about the prob. and neith hd or hk will fix the issue....

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this problem back in March. It's now almost September and my radio is the same. It plays. AM-FM-CD-Ipod there is still no display. I have checked with Iron Cross and they say most likely it is just the display and it will be $250 plus all the shipping charges. I sure would like to see the display but I don't know if I can justify $250 to be able to see what I'm playing. It's a pain to figure out at times and eventually I'll eith have it repaired or go with the aftermarket setup where my hand controls will work with a Sony.

Did you try any of the posted suggestions? I thought 2 of them especially interesting. Try adjusting the display fader brightness, or remove the outer fairing (7 screws) and check all electrical connections to the radio. If neither works, then I'd consider spending $$ for an aftermarket unit that's compatible with your hand controls.

Tried all the suggestions just waiting onthe spare cash to go for an after market.

Because of this thread, I noticed a tv advertisement from Audio Zoo (?). One of the things mentioned was "fully compatible replacement radios for your Harley".
I don't know anything about Audio Zoo, but I might look into it if I was looking to replace mine. Just FYI

I posted this problem back in March. It's now almost September and my radio is the same. It plays. AM-FM-CD-Ipod there is still no display. I have checked with Iron Cross and they say most likely it is just the display and it will be $250 plus all the shipping charges. I sure would like to see the display but I don't know if I can justify $250 to be able to see what I'm playing. It's a pain to figure out at times and eventually I'll eith have it repaired or go with the aftermarket setup where my hand controls will work with a Sony.

This was suggested above, but here is the link:

RadioSound - Customer Service

Call and ask them if they do your model year.

TQ

Back