Radio Antenna Cable Connection

Discussion in 'Communications And Radio' started by sworrub, Feb 26, 2010.

1. sworrub

sworrub Member

Hi hope somebody can help me with this.
    I have recently fitted a detachable Tour-Pak to my Street Glide and i have moved my antenna mount to just above the exhaust this means the stock extension cable i got to connect to the tour-pak and the mount is very tight not allowing any slack. I purchased another one with the idea of connecting the two with a male to male connector or even cutting the cable and splicing together (something i am a bit loathed to do as they cost just under £20 a cable). I have as yet not found a connector to join the two, Harley does not do one so does anybody have an idea where i might find such an item? Or have any other ideas?

2. silentflyer

silentflyer Active Member

check newark electronics. newark.com on the net

3. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

This might be an alternate solution. I found this article by doing a search

I have a few buddies that used this product to remove the whip antenna from the back of their ultras and street glides.

It is hidden under the fairing and works well.

Just thought I'd pass it along to everyone.

http://www.ecshylites.com/catalog/it...191/721930.htm

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Like in this pic? If so, they should be available at any music store, most audio/ video stores. Called rca male/male conn.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  5. sworrub

sworrub Member

:DThanks I just got 2 phono plugs wired together they seem to work ok got to try em out on the road once we get rid of all the salt.