free website stats program radar | Harley Davidson Forums

radar

22Raptor

has anyone out there installed the whistler cruisader radar detector. if so, is it worth looking into form a quality standpoint?

I have never tried that particular unit but I have conducted in depth radar detector and radar unit performance tests. I would be very suspicious of any radar detector that was so deeply discounted as Whistler.

When something has a MSRP list price of $329.00 but can be purchased for $117.18, the red flags should go off. To me that means the manufacture can't have more than $25 wrapped up in the complete package.

Picking up a radar signal from miles away is not hard to do. What's hard is separating the real alarms from the false alarms. I may be wrong,,, but I would be willing to bet that you will be plagued with false alarms using that Whistler..

I had it, and I had the same problem as it seems just about everyone else does. I got it on the bike, the sensors wouldn't communicate with the head unit. I humored it.

=========================================================

That was supposed to say I junked it, but that may be what it wanted...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dosen't really matter anymore, most law enforcement uses lazer radar, by the time your unit detects the signal it to late. Save your money and slow down.

I have had the Whistler Cruisader in my SG for almost 3 years and it has saved me numerous times and I have never had any issues with it. I installed it where the stock volt meter was. It shows air temp (and seems to be quite accurate) and also voltage. As for false alarms I don't think it is any worse than any detectors I have had in my autos. I am not a chronic speeder but I like to drive fast on long open stretches and this is when I need a detector.

Back