radar

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 22Raptor, Aug 22, 2012.

1. 22Raptor

22Raptor Member

has anyone out there installed the whistler cruisader radar detector. if so, is it worth looking into form a quality standpoint?

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I have never tried that particular unit but I have conducted in depth radar detector and radar unit performance tests. I would be very suspicious of any radar detector that was so deeply discounted as Whistler.

When something has a MSRP list price of $329.00 but can be purchased for $117.18, the red flags should go off. To me that means the manufacture can't have more than $25 wrapped up in the complete package.

Picking up a radar signal from miles away is not hard to do. What's hard is separating the real alarms from the false alarms. I may be wrong,,, but I would be willing to bet that you will be plagued with false alarms using that Whistler..

3. TonyV

TonyV Member

I had it, and I had the same problem as it seems just about everyone else does. I got it on the bike, the sensors wouldn't communicate with the head unit. I humored it.

=========================================================

That was supposed to say I junked it, but that may be what it wanted...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  4. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Dosen't really matter anymore, most law enforcement uses lazer radar, by the time your unit detects the signal it to late. Save your money and slow down.

5. glenreeder

glenreeder Member

I have had the Whistler Cruisader in my SG for almost 3 years and it has saved me numerous times and I have never had any issues with it. I installed it where the stock volt meter was. It shows air temp (and seems to be quite accurate) and also voltage. As for false alarms I don't think it is any worse than any detectors I have had in my autos. I am not a chronic speeder but I like to drive fast on long open stretches and this is when I need a detector.

6. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

True dat! :s

Enjoy,
    Rich P