free website stats program race tuner data mode | Harley Davidson Forums

race tuner data mode

nascar7613

I am checking to see if anyone else has had this problem. When I use the data mode for the race tuner, it will communicate and show data for about 2 minutes, then it stops communicating. I can restart the program and restore communications, then it shuts down again. I dont know if its something with the software or the laptop. Just checking to see if this has happened to anybody here and if you were able to resolve the problem.

Using XP that has happen to me. What I did was click START, RUN,, enter MSCONFIG. When displayed, click the "Start UP" tab.

Unclick EVERYTHING. Then Hit APPLY.,,Hit OK ,, Reboot.

A splash screen will come up saying something about windows menu configuration screen has changed. Just click "don't remind me again" and say OK.

Also make sure your not in some kind of battery Suspend mode, or battery saver mode or Battery Sleep mode or Battery Hibernate mode some other foolish microsoft "protect me from myself" mode. Check your screen saver mode also.

Be sure to use wall power when using SEST software.

All of the above fixed it for me. I am sure you can tell from my attitude that I can not stand windoze. That is a true statement.

If that does not do it, let us know. There are also some other "Services" that may need to be turned off.

Back