free website stats program Quietest Performance Slip-Ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Quietest Performance Slip-Ons

i think i have eaiser way of explaing it air in air out .. ya put more in got to have better flow out

I appreciate the tutorial guys. I have a 92 hp evo Road King so I have a rudimentary understanding of how an internal combustion engine works. :s My observation from the article was that all else being equal on a new EFI bike, an intake mod will produce a significantly greater power increase for your hard earned dollar than an exhaust mod and the combo does not appear to be a 2 + 2 = 4 proposition.

Attachments

• Harley 022.jpg
    Harley 022.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 21
of course it will ya have to let more air in before ya can let it out always been like that

I appreciate the tutorial guys. I have a 92 hp evo Road King so I have a rudimentary understanding of how an internal combustion engine works. :s My observation from the article was that all else being equal on a new EFI bike, an intake mod will produce a significantly greater power increase for your hard earned dollar than an exhaust mod and the combo does not appear to be a 2 + 2 = 4 proposition.

Congrats on the RK Evo. I had the same results with my 1995 RK.

You know what I find interesting is that my 2008 FLHX with SE High Flow A/C, download calibration, and Rush (1.5" diameter baffels) only makes 67HP and 76 TQ. A/F was 13.2 WOT, with 14.2 at 60 MPH, 5th gear "cruise" mode. This was done yesterday on our DynoJet Dynometer by trained technicians. Bike has 1500 miles on her, BTW.

The Rush are slightly more loud than stock, but not much. I also live in a gated community!

Congrats on the RK Evo. I had the same results with my 1995 RK.

You know what I find interesting is that my 2008 FLHX with SE High Flow A/C, download calibration, and Rush (1.5" diameter baffels) only makes 67HP and 76 TQ. A/F was 13.2 WOT, with 14.2 at 60 MPH, 5th gear "cruise" mode. This was done yesterday on our DynoJet Dynometer by trained technicians. Bike has 1500 miles on her, BTW.

The Rush are slightly more loud than stock, but not much. I also live in a gated community!

Craig,

That is very interesting. Did you do any dyno runs stock beforehand? Or, have you done runs on any other stock tourers? There doesn't seem to be much difference in your Stage 1 numbers and the stock numbers I have seen posted. Tom

Now I know the world is coming to an end HD owners looking for quietest pipes
we are done for all hope is lost :)

I agree...its kinda of funny....but with all the crazy laws that are being forced on us maybe we are all gonna be looking for a quieter exhaust pipe....sad ...sad ...sad...lol:(

Back