free website stats program Quieter Exhaust? | Harley Davidson Forums

Quieter Exhaust?

TEARLESSTOM

My wife dropped her Fatboy two weeks ago. It is now in the shop for repairs. It had the I believe Python pipes on it and was pretty loud.

She doesn't care for loud as she has to wear ear plugs and we can not talk to each other at red lights when I pull up next to her.

What would be a quieter pipe but still render good performance and mileage?

Thanks
Tom

Find out from Python if they offer quieter baffle replacements (read longer ones) that you can install for the existing ones. You can also measure diameter of the inner baffle for fitting by removing one and getting a longer length aftermarket replacement alternative from JP Cycles, Drag Specialties, etc. I had straight dual drag pipes...and fitted aftermarket ones from Drag Specialties for about $15 for pair...so there are good deals out there if you measure and look a bit on the Internet as an alternative.

Oops sorry I guess I wasn't clear. She actually low sided the bike at 40mph. Pipes have scratches on them so we will have to replace them so......
I figure since we are buying new pipes what brands or models still sound good (deep) but not overly loud.

My Rinehart Racing pipes were fairly quiet & had nice tone. Also agree w/Steve07 - SE's are good pipes too & fairly priced.

I've had Rush and S.E. on my bike (touring). The S.E. is my favorite. Sounds like a Harley, but not too loud.

I put V&H Monster Ovals on my 09 ultra, however, I was trying to decide between them and the SE pipes. A buddy of mine has the SE pipes and I think they have a good deep sound. Happy hunting.

quiet pipes ? i would have to say the SuperTrapp SuperMeg 2:1

nice & quiet & one of the best preforming pipes on the market

Cycle Shack also makes a nice assortment of different pipes/slip on mufflers to choose from. I know now isn't an opportune time, but bike rally's are a great place to look at/listen to different exhaust combos and choose what you like and what looks good. My wife and I also ride our own bikes, so help yours get back into it with support. Dropping your bike can be pretty dramatic and enough to make some people quit riding. Best of luck!

One other thing to consider: the SE slip-ons have the EPA stamp on them. If you happen to pass thru a town whose cops have overly-sensitive ears, you can point to the stamp as certification that your pipes meet EPA standards.

There are some places - Boston, for instance - where cops are spot-checking bikes for EPA stamps. I pulled over by a cop along with several other bikes, some with VERY loud pipes. He went to each bike, looked for the EPA stamp, and gave tickets to everyone EXCEPT me.

Yes, he was a jerk. But that's Boston for ya.

Back