free website stats program QUIET V&H Big Shots..not quiet enough | Harley Davidson Forums

QUIET V&H Big Shots..not quiet enough

So I installed the V&H Big Shots with the V&H Quiet Baffles on my wide glide but I would still like them a little bit quieter (not much; maybe 3-7 db's).
Anyone ever installed anything on top of the "quiet" baffles to soften the sound even more without re-mapping or side effects of decell popping?? I would hate to think I bought those quiet baffles for nothing.

Well you could remove the pipes (first mark the drill locations to inside where the head sheilds don't cover) and drill in a flat circle washer that you could twist to adjust to your liking. The back pressure would all be relative so would have to adjust fuel leaness accordingly.

I've never done it but have heard of it being done. I think Jack has seen it done. You might even could drill it thru the heat shield at the ends not sure how all that might come out.

Actually to do any of this I imagine the quiet baffles are gonna have to come out since they protrude inside for about 10" or so.

I like the quiet baffles myself. You could probably easily find someone to trade some stock OEM quieter pipes for you V&H's.

I'm not familiar with the quiet baffel, but is there any room to wrap the center of the baffel with fiberglass mat and reinstall?

Like HD Don said, wrapping the baffles with fiberglass will work if you can do it. I got the quiet baffles for my python pipes and after wrapping, the noise level dropped as did the tone. Now they are nearly as quiet as stock, but have a low growl.

You guys must be talking about wrapping the forward holes with fiberglass. That might just work albeit it will increase his back pressure some.

The quiet baffles come with fiberglass pre-wrapped around the first 6 or 7" of the baffle (the part that fits snug to the pipe wall). The forward perforated 3/8" holes section is a slightly smaller diameter and he could wrap some more there. Not sure which would hold up longer the fiberglass or steel wool.

One thing you might want to check bbqbrisket and that is pull out the baffles and make sure your pre-wrapped fiberglass stayed in position during install. I wrapped mine good with clear scotch tape because it wanted to peel back as I pushed them in. The tape will burn off.

I know you've already spent the $$$$$$, and I agree with the suggestions above, but you could also look into Big City's Quiet Baffles as well. I've heard good things about using them to tone down aftermarket pipes.

Back